Main Article Content
Ibrutinib-related side effects, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
Ibrutinib is a well-tolerated and effective therapy used for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Its use has been associated with cardiovascular events such as atrial fibrillation (Afib), hypertension, and ventricular arrhythmias. Implanted loop recorders are a useful tool in guiding the management of patients with cardiac arrhythmias.
2. Munir, T., et al., Final analysis from RESONATE: Up to six years of follow-up on ibrutinib in patients with previously treated chronic lymphocytic leukemia or small lymphocytic lymphoma. Am J Hematol, 2019. 94(12): p. 1353-1363.
3. McMullen, J.R., et al., Ibrutinib increases the risk of atrial fibrillation, potentially through inhibition of cardiac PI3K-Akt signaling. Blood, 2014. 124(25): p. 3829-30.
4. Xiao, L., et al., Ibrutinib-Mediated Atrial Fibrillation Attributable to Inhibition of C-Terminal Src Kinase. Circulation, 2020. 142(25): p. 2443-2455.
5. Dickerson, T., et al., Hypertension and incident cardiovascular events following ibrutinib initiation. Blood, 2019. 134(22): p. 1919-1928.
6. Leong, D.P., et al., The risk of atrial fibrillation with ibrutinib use: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Blood, 2016. 128(1): p. 138-40.
7. Thompson, P.A., et al., Fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab treatment achieves long-term disease-free survival in IGHV-mutated chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Blood, 2016. 127(3): p. 303-9.
8. Guha, A., et al., Ventricular Arrhythmias Following Ibrutinib Initiation for Lymphoid Malignancies. J Am Coll Cardiol, 2018. 72(6): p. 697-698.
9. Maddocks, K.J., et al., Etiology of Ibrutinib Therapy Discontinuation and Outcomes in Patients With Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. JAMA Oncol, 2015. 1(1): p. 80-7.